Book your car hire with MacItalia today
Drag the icon into the suitcase to let us know that you're interested in car hire. We'll be in touch to find out more about your requirements.
Some of the cars available are displayed below.
Driving in Italy
When travelling by road in Italy, ensure that seatbelts are worn in both the back and front seats, and that you have the following necessary documentation:
- a valid UK passport
- a valid EU pink version of the UK driving licence or an International Driving Permit
- the original vehicle's registration and a green card (obtainable from the car's insurer)
- vehicle recovery insurance and an E111 medical form
for further up-to-date advice please visit the AA motoring site
Cost of fuel (January 2013)
Unleaded (senza piombo) @ €1.76 / 148.03 pence per litre
Diesel @ €1.69 / 142.72 pence per litre
Acknowledgements: © The Automobile Association (the AA), January 2013
Please note the following important points before booking
- Drivers must produce a full British driving licence held for at least one year (or in some cases an international driving licence). Drivers with a new style licence must have all sections with them.
- In certain locations and for some car types, drivers must have held a full licence for a minimum of 2 years.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has the appropriate driving licence.
- Our reservations agent must be informed of any endorsements on the driver’s licence, as we may not be able to take your booking.
- No refunds will be given for rentals rejected due to non-production of a driving licence or non-disclosed endorsements.
- Faxed or photocopied licences are not acceptable.
- For airport pick-ups, it is essential that MacItalia be given the correct flight number and arrival time, before departure. This can be done either online or by phone.
- If this is not available at the time of booking, please ensure that you inform us of this at least 7 days prior to departure, either online or by phone. No responsibility can be accepted or compensation allowed for a failed rental due to the late provision of this information.
- Please inform our reservations staff of the driver/s age and full name when booking.
- If you are under 25 or over 65 years old please notify our reservations staff at the time of booking.
- Age restrictions may apply in certain destinations, and in some cases there may be a young drivers charge payable locally.